I know, I know. It's been forever since I posted. Life's been a little hectic & crazy as usual. We didn't move this summer as planned. We're bummed, but getting over it & trying to figure out why things didn't work out...obviously God has a different plan.
Since NOT moving, we have settled back into the school, work & finally found another Church routine. I've re-arranged my work schedule to be home when the boys get off the bus 3 days a week and Andy is here the other 2. It's been a nice treat to spend extra time with them every day & help get homework, etc. done so we can enjoy our evenings together as a family.
Andy is back to work with a great Kindergarten class & loving it. I mean where else can you can you get paid to paint faces and spend the day at a pumpkin patch??? :-) But he assures me that he works REALLY REALLY hard the rest of the time! Honestly, if I had to spend 8 hours a day with 5 year olds I would love my ever-loving mind....so more power to you Honey! I love you!!! :-)
I rec'd a promotion this spring & am enjoying the benefits that come along with that - lots more work & more responsibility...ha! Actually, I did get a nice raise too. My supervisory & project management role has increased to where I'm much less hands-on, but doing more training & teaching with my staff, so it's different & sometimes hard for someone like me who likes the details, am a bit of a perfectionist and have a hard time letting go of things that have my "name" on them.
Andy is in the final stages of interviewing to be a part-time Children's Minister at our church - they are doing background & reference checks right now. There are other teachers on staff, so the schedule they have worked out will complement his teaching schedule and he's excited about the opportunity to invest spiritually in children's lives.
Most of you have seen the news lately that Southern Cal is ablaze these days...from what we have heard Julian has no power, no water and has been evacuated - this just a couple years after it nearly burned to the ground. We haven't heard from many friends in the area yet, so we just hope and pray that all is well & that their homes, lives will be spared. If any of you are reading this, we're praying for you!!!
Last Saturday, one of kids let Hershey outside without telling anyone and he disappeared .... we looked everywhere, put flyers on posts, sent e-mails to all our neighbors, knocked on doors, put an ad in the paper, prayed and cried ourselves to sleep for days! We got a call Wednesday from a Good Samaritan who saw our flyers and told us where he was. A nice couple a few blocks over had found him and took him home. Unfortunately, he had lost his name tag so they didn't know who to call. Alls well that ends well...Hershey is home safe & sound and we are blessed. He's been with me for almost 12 years, so losing him was hard, but finding him again was wonderful!
That's about all the news I have for now....Have a wonderful weekend.
Lyssa & fam

1 comment:
Welcome back to blogging! ;-)
It sounds like things are going really well, and that the Lord had a reason for you to stay where you're at!
and I am gald you found Hershey!
Post a Comment